- I had an issue with my lower lumbar which resulted in debilitating pain radiating down my leg. I was hesitant to say the least in my consideration of a surgical option with all of the negative hype surrounding "back surgery". Dr. Kerr took the time and reviewed my imagining with me, logically outlined my condition and provided a steadfast recommendation. His prognosis and surgical prowess was spot-on and I feel 100 times better. I personally choose Dr. Kerr based on his military service, volunteerism and participation in advance fellowships. I was seeking a doctor who would put their patient before themselves and had the training and expertise to assure a quality outcome and I was not let down. #Highly Recommend Chad R
- I injured my Achilles' tendon and Dr. Kerr at Orthopedic Specialists of Seattle accepted me as a patient almost immediately, for which I was very grateful. Dr. Kerr has a warm, friendly demeanor, is clear and professional with patients, and makes you feel like everything is going to work out. Very comforting. He did an excellent job taking care of my injury, which required surgery. It's healing up nicely (no scar!) and I'm expecting a full and fast recovery. Dr. Kerr and OSS are top notch. Highly recommended. Steve K
- I sought a second opinion with Dr. Kerr after suffering with severe sciatica due to a herniated disc for almost a year. Dr. Kerr's thorough analysis of my condition coupled with his successful background (and MANY high reviews) was a sure sign he was the right surgeon for me. Little did I know, that was just the tip of the iceberg. His bedside manner is like none other I have experienced. Confident, compassionate, thoughtful and responsive. I never once doubted he had my absolute best interest in mind - and hands-down the most accessible doctor I have known. After almost a year of Urgent Care, Emergency Room visits and a handful of various specialist the plan of action and surgical procedure Dr. Kerr recommended and provided has me 100% free of the excruciating sciatic pain I was in. I recommend Dr. Kerr without hesitation and am beyond grateful to have received his care and expertise. Jeannette D
- Dr. Kerr performed a total knee replacement for me and he was extremely professional and knowledgeable. I was confidant of his abilities prior to surgery and couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. I healed far quicker than expected and am thrilled to recoup my active lifestyle. I highly recommend Dr. Kerr. Elaine P
- Dr. Kerr did a great job on my Achilles tendon after first trying a non-surgical approach, just to make sure that he could be as conservative as possible -- the mark of a really fine surgeon, Next year he will also be working on my spine, and I am totally confident in going "under the knife" again. Mark V
- Dr Kerr did an excellent job diagnosing and explaining the procedure to eliminate my severe low back nerve pain. He reviewed what the problem was, answered all questions and did a great job. The result was what he described it would be and I am now pain free! He comes highly recommended! Mark W
- In July/Aug 2020 I went to Orthopedic Specialists of Seattle to see Dr. Kerr for back pain after physical therapy failed to help. X-rays and an MRI made it clear that my fall from a ladder 12 years ago likely caused damage in my neck leading to a significant amount of arthritis that had eaten away at two disks and the surrounding area, causing major deterioration and compression, which in turn was causing nerve pain running across my upper back, down both arms, and numbness in my hands. In September, after COVID settled down a bit, Dr. Kerr performed my ACDF (Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion) in day surgery. I was there about 10 hours and was a bit nervous after reading the worst of the possible side effects, but Dr. Kerr is a true professional and when I woke up after the surgery, despite being groggy, I had a smile on my face. It was actually considerably easier than my hip replacement surgery. Although I never experienced any neck pain following the surgery, I did continue to have expected upper back pain for the first week or two because the additional cushioning in the replacement grafts increased my height slightly, pulling on muscles, tendons and nerves in my back that had shrunk over the previous years due to a loss of 2" in my height from deterioration. To help alleviate the pain, I used a Theracane (a self massager I bought online years ago) to massage the sore spots and the pain disappeared. Although, I have to wear the cervical collar for 8 weeks, after two weeks out, I am aware that I no longer have radiating back, arm, or hand nerve pain and am able to do anything I want with a temporary weight limit of 30 lbs.
Thank you, Dr. Kerr, for sorting out my back issues! Who knew it was actually caused by my neck and that it could be fixed so easily! D Notes
- I am happy to recommend Dr. Kerr's services! He is very compassionate and professional and works with you to get the appropriate treatment as soon as possible. He was a strong advocate for me when negotiating with insurance and was always responsive when I had questions or needed clarification. I was in horrible pain due to an advanced case of spinal stenosis, losing use of my left arm, and proceeded with tri-level ACDF surgery based on recommendation by Dr. Kerr. His advise was validated by multiple providers (internal medicine, occupational therapy, etc.), and I was able to go through with this difficult procedure and recovery with confidence that it was necessary. I am about 6-7 weeks out now and the operation has been a complete success thus far: the pains are gone, I am regaining functionality through physical therapy, and am healing on schedule! Excellent job by Dr. Kerr and Orthopedic Specialists of Seattle. Cheers! Jonathan P
- Dr. Kerr is both thoughtful and thorough. He anticipates questions and describes options in laymen’s terms. Doug G
- Dr. Kerr was amazing. I blew out my ankle on Christmas Day 2013 and Dr. Kerr fixed me. It was so bad that he couldn’t operate for 3 weeks due to fracture blisters and risk for infection. Dr. Kerr was confident that he would be able to fix my ankle and I would get back to all my recreational activities including running in due time. It has been 7 years since my accident and I am pain free. I can’t thank him enough! Chelsey B
- I figured I should balance out some of the other reviews as they seem unreasonable and irrational. I had surgery about five weeks ago and the effectiveness of the surgery coupled with the care I received from Dr. Kerr and his team has been absolutely excellent. Dr. Kerr was compassionate and informative and walked me through some of the lifestyle changes accompanying this kind of injury. His staff is excellent as well and I can't speak highly enough about the overall experience I have had despite the traumatic accident that required this surgery from Dr. Kerr.
Additionally, Dr. Kerr has gone a step above and suggested a lifestyle adaptation as a result of my injury that has improved my health and welfare to better than prior to my accident. His coaching on this front has been first class and I'm thrilled that despite my injury, I can pursue improvements and physical health that I would not have without the professional counsel of Dr. Kerr. Ben
- Dr Kerr, first of all, let me apologize for not writing this four years ago when you did my surgery. I just need to let you know how much I appreciate my new back. I know I really lucked out when I got you as my surgeon. You told me what was wrong and how you could fix it. And you did. My back is doing great. My knee is still doing okay after that series of shots and the brace. Thanks for all you did Myrna M
- I have only very good praise for Dr. Kerr. The surgery he performed on my back was involved and successful with me walking the same day comfortably, home the next day. Will always be grateful. Cool guy, too. Regan D
- Fantastic Dr. Neck fusion 3 cervical vertabre and very little pain no loss of head movement. Played softball in three months. He is very caring and would send friends to this man. Staci B